Flushing & Corona Maps
Click these links to move down the page to view maps of: 1) Flushing & Corona Shops and Restaurants and / or 2) Flushing & Corona Attractions. Instructions on how to manipulate map are located at the bottom of this page. Click here for a current list of things to do in Queens.
Click this link to go to the Flushing & Corona Shopping Center. Click these links to view the home pages of shops licensing a presence on this site or stories about local merchants and restaurants.
- Banks - Flushing Bank in Flushing, Bayside, Auburndale, Astoria, Forest Hills
- Banks - Ponce De Leon Bank Astoria / Jackson Heights
- Bath & Kitchen Tile - Sinks & Stones LIC
- Bicycles in Queens - Tony's Bikes LIC
- Crystal Windows & Door Systems
- Eyeglasses & Opticians - Lens Lab Express Queens
- Mens Clothing - Esquire of Astoria
- Motorbikes - Vespa Queens in LIC
- Wine In Queens - Lowerys in Sunnyside
Click this link to go to the Flushing & Corona Restaurants section of this site.
Scroll Down For Transit Info
These links will take you to stories and photos about each attraction, and in some cases to an individual map.
- Al Oerter Recreation Facility
- Arthur Ashe Tennis Stadium - U.S. Open Tennis Tournament Map - marker TBD
- Citifield [formerly Shea Stadium
- Flushing Harbor - TBD
- Kissena Golf Course - no marker it's off to lower right
- Louis Armstrong House - Corona
- Queens World Ice Rink & Natatorium [Olympic-sized swimming pool]
- Queens Museum Of Art - TBD
- Queens Theatre In The Park
- Queens Zoo
- New York Hall of Science
- Terrace On The Park
- Bowne House
- Flushing Cemetery - [Historical people buried within]
- Flushing Medical Center - TBD
- Flushing Town Hall
- Free Synagogue of Flushing - TBD
- Friends Meeting House - TBD
- Ganesh Temple - TBD
- Kingsland Homestead aka Queens Historical Society
- Louis Latimer House - TBD
- New York Hospital & Medical Center of Queens - TBD
- Queens Botanical Garden
- Queens College - TBD
- Voelker Orth House & Gardens - TBD
Scroll Down For Transit Info
Flushing & Corona - Related Links
Click this link to go to the Flushing & Corona Neighborhood News.
TRANSPORTATION. 1) From Astoria / West Queens / Brooklyn [30 - 60 mins]. From Astoria take the N or W to Queensboro Plaza and [henceforth also applies to Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights & Corona] hop on the #7 heading to Main St / Flushing and take it to the end of the line. Click this link to directly to MTA subway maps or the MTA bus maps [FYI - slow loading pdf].
2) From NYC [30 - 45 mins]. The best way is to take the E or the F which are mostly express heading to Jamaica and get off at Jackson Hts / Roosevelt Ave / 74 St / Broadway. Transfer onto the #7 heading to Main St / Flushing and take it to the end of the line.
3) From Long Island / Jamaica / Forest Hills. From Long Island take the LIRR to the Jamaica Station and transfer into the subway line. All - Take E or F subway to 74 St / Broadway / Jackson Heights / Roosevelt Ave and transfer to the #7 heading to Main St / Flushing and get off at the end of the line.
4) By CAR. From the Long Island Expressway [LIE] heading East [see West next] you can take Exits 21 through 25, but for purposes of attractions and restaurants, the Exits you'll most likely be taking are the following: a) Exit 21 [108th St in Corona to go to the Zoo, NY Hall of Science], b) Exit 22B [Grand Central Parkway (GCP) for USTA, CitiField - formerly Shea, Flushing Meadows Corona Park [see map for what's in the park] and c) Exit 23 Main Street [Flushing Town Hall, Bowne House, Kingsland Homestead]. For Westbound LIE Exit 23 as above and Exit 22A for USTA, CitiField, Flushing Meadows Corona Park. From the Van Wyck heading south take Exit 11 [69th Road / Jewel Ave - goes to the park] and northbound take either Exit 12A for the park attractions or 13 E to go to Northern Blvd [also NY 25A to go into Flushing Main Street. Click this link for more detailed info on the BQE and LIE exits.
To Manipulate Map
- To move the map, click on it, hold the cursor down, and move the map using the hand cursor.
- Click the boxes with the + / - signs in them [see upper left corner of map] to zoom in or out.
- Click on marker to view location details.
- Click on the box labeled 'satellite' [see upper right map corner] for satellite view.
Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park", 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend - Fill in the appropriate box below.